Delicious Thai Coconut Mussels
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 inch piece ginger, (cut into matchsticks)
- 2 cloves garlic , (sliced)
- 2 stalks lemongrass, (sliced)
- 15 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 Thai red chilis
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 lb mussels, (rinsed and beards removed)
How to cook
- How to cook: Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and lemongrass and cook for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, chilis, and lime juice and bring the pot to a boil.
- When the coconut milk is boiling, add the mussels. Cover the pot for 1 minute. After a minute, remove the lid and take out any shells that have opened. Continue to remove the mussels as they open. If any of the mussels are still closed after 6 or 7 minutes, discard them.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked mussels and serve right away.