Creamy mussel chowder.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large leek, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, finely diced
- 6 smoked streaky bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 250 ml (9fl oz) white wine
- 300 ml (½ pint) fish stock
- 200 ml (7fl oz) double cream
- 198 g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 2lb Whole Shell mussels in Butter Garlic Sauce
- Small handful each fresh curly parsley and chives, roughly chopped
How to cook
Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Fry leek, potatoes and bacon for 5min until vegetables are nearly tender. Pour over wine, stock and cream. Cover and bring to the boil, then remove the lid and simmer for 3min.
Add sweetcorn, mussels and some seasoning. Cover and simmer for 4min or until the mussels are fully open – discard any that remain closed. Stir in herbs and check the seasoning. Serve immediately with crusty bread to mop up the juices, or better still, some skinny chips.